Monday, January 30, 2012

EDSS 541 RR#6

Although not the actual response listed in the syllabus, I still feel compelled to respond to the two videos on the 21st century Student and Teacher (Links provided). The integration of content areas with any assortment of technology will always be a step forward. I did have some questions arise during each of the viewings...

1) If China has more honor role students then we (USA) have population is it due to actually having a better educational model (I assume so) or just more students over all. What is their educational model, what are they doing, and how are we not doing it. I think using statistics to show the proportionality could improve that statement.

2)Involving mixes, remixes, student compilations, multimedia presentations etc. will be vital for the next generation of students. I do retain my doubts when such things as SOPA (Anti piracy Act) will try to shut down the very sources of free information we need for these things to be successful. I look back to my EDUC 422 professor and the belief (at that time, hopefully I'm not misrepresenting) that the legal issues and so forth needs to catch up with the technology.

It is always very comfortable to hear the adage "not reinventing the wheel" but that no longer is a viable way to look at education. We teach as we have been taught and there we have the wheel that needs to be reinvented.

http://youtu.be/_A-ZVCjfWf8
http://youtu.be/B4g5M06YyVw

No comments:

Post a Comment