Sunday, May 27, 2012

Classroom Managment

Classroom management can be one of the more varied methodologies that high school teachers can share, outside of subject area. During my studies as a student teacher which included theoretical classwork and classroom application have helped me at least gather some of more likely approaches to guiding my classes. Without getting to far into my theoretical studies, there were some management models that I would never see myself utilizing. on the other hand, there are a series of different classroom management plans that i can see adapting to my own uses.

A couple tings will dictate which approach I may take and certain highlights of each method will show through for my students. The first key factor to be able to apply appropriate discipline for me is fairness. First, does every student get equitable treatment and unbiased judgment. The second concern is to what extent will and can i tolerate certain behavior to the extent that the time will correspond to the crime.

Other factors will weigh heavily on my decision making: the student, the class, and the school. Any discipline plan should and must align with the school's rules. Furthermore each student and whole class will have different personalities and therefore needs to be treated as an individual situation and reacted to as such.

I have seen many various classroom strategies in many grade levels and schools. Your strategies will also reflect the person that you are as well. Don't try to become someone that you are not and your students will be able to appreciate your needs as an instructor, at least most of the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment